Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

ALYoF: October Goal


After completing the September goal, I was kind of wondering what my goal for October would be. I had two choices: a table runner that I just started cutting pieces for, and the Quilt Along that I joined last fall, Modern Trees by Christa Quilts .

Honestly, it is early October, and I better do the quilting on this piece to get it ready by Christmas! Sorry about the wrinkled state of the quilt in the picture above, it has been stacked away since early this year. The last time I worked on this quilt was in January when I free-motion quilted the trees, posted HERE.

I have postponed doing the quilting out of fear that I won't be doing a good enough job. But, now I have decided to jump in with both feet and practice, practice, practice! There's a lot of negative space to fill in, but I know I will be able to do an OK job.

My Button

Quilting this piece will be a challenge for me, but also a good experience in FMQ. I have to get more confident in  free motion quilting, and the only way to do this is by practicing! On the way I will use Christa's helpful hints to get this quilt completed.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you - I'm sure your free motion quilting will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!