Saturday, August 2, 2014

Summer Slice Scrap Buster Quilt completed!


At the last day of July I finished stitching the binding of this 'scrap buster' quilt. The blocks were pieced during the early days of the month, and then the heat arrived... I pieced the backing and got DS2 to help me pin baste it, and then it was put away. Who wants to machine quilt this big a quilt in close to 90 deg F temperature weather in a house with no air conditioning? It was packed down and came with me on vacation to my sewing machine #2. Here the outside temperatures have been relatively low for the season, so the AC has not been used very much.

Back to the quilting: Since the design is kind of busy, I chose to quilt it with straight lines. I didn't want to quilt it to heavily, because I want it to be soft and comfortable.


The back is made of an IKEA duvet cover, with a pieced accent stripe.

The design of the quilt top is from Cluck Cluck SEW .

Quilt details:
Size: 57" x 71"
Design: Summer Slice
Number of fabrics in the quilt top: 82

The next project is in the line, and I hope to be starting cutting during the weekend. More on that tomorrow.

Happy Quilting!


Linked up to Fabric Frenzy Friday and Link A Finish Friday .

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty quilt. This is a great pattern for using up scraps ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!