Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A project in-between

As many other bloggers, I have started an embroidery project this summer, organized and designed by Little Miss Shabby . It is called Quilty Stitches, and is the most adorable cross stitch embroidery, ever. I started a little late, but needed to have a little project to take with me on a long flight this summer.


Here are my first three blocks. Each block measures approximately 1 2/3" square. There will be 16 blocks all together. The next one is a flying geese block, I am looking forward to that!

I am using DMC thread from several earlier projects, this will be a colorful piece of work. I am using white for the background and the sashing, and that brings out the best from each block.

It is great to take out this hand embroidery when we sit out in the shade in the morning drinking coffee. Daylight is the best to get all these tiny little stitches to look good.

Apart from embroidering, I am also soon finished with cutting all the pieces for my table runner mentioned in my previous POST . I'll be back with more updates.

In the mean time: Happy Quilting!

Linked up to Linky Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. I started late on mine too, but I am really enjoying it! Your stitched blocks look great. It sounds like the perfect way to start your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little project in-betwen is one of the greatest. It helps you clear your mind and get back to what you love doing the best. Your cross-stitch blocks are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely stitch work, Anita! Looks like you are enjoying this project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the second time I'm seeing this project and it's inspiring me even more to start one too! And you're so right about the daylight being perfect for cross stitching. That's one reason I don't like winter, there's no daylight in the evening...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!