Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Batiks in the wind

This is just a short post about what's going on here: I have been busy with several projects.

The first one is a secret projects involving batiks. I cut 2 1/2" strips and put them up for audition. The best light for pictures was outside, but a strong wind did its best to destroy my photo shoot.


I love these batiks. They were bought during Christmas from Connecting Threads, where they had a sale. I bought several more colors, but I will show them off another time.

I did a lot of quilting on my 2012 Aurifil BOM, and this UFO is just a couple of days work away from completion. You can read more about it here.

I was inspired to start making another pillow cover today, and I chose a design from Crazy Mom Quilts with 35(!) different colored 2 1/2" squares. Here is the pillow front after quilting, but before trimming. Hope to finish it tomorrow.


As you can see, my sofa is grey, so I need a lot of color. This will take care of that!

Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!