Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2014 - First quilting UFO completed

In January 2013 I made this block as a test for my 2013 Aurifil Designer of the Month blocks, with leftover fabrics from Easy Street. Later I changed my color scheme for this BOM/DOM, and the block became an orphan. As a challenge in the Quilt Skandinavia group, I have joined the "Fem før fem"-challenge, i.e. finishing 5 UFOs before May 1st.

The orphan block was perfect for a pillow.


The pillow front was quilted with straight lines using my walking foot.


Here the pillow is in all its glory. It has an envelope closure on the back.

Now I can cross off my first quilting UFO for the year!

 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first finish of the new year, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your finish of this year.
    But I'm most impressed by your top!! It looks just beautiful. And remembering all the different fabrics you used, I'm really speechless.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!