Sunday, March 10, 2013

A finish!

Finally I can show you pictures of my finished Easy Street! I got it back from Merete who did a fantastic job on the quilting, but then I got the flu and did not have any energy to do the binding. When the bugs finally decided to leave, I did the binding in two days. For a 100" x 100" (~2.5 m x 2.5 m) that's a lot of binding; more than 10 m to be sewn by hand on the back. No wonder that my hands were hurting when I finished!


Here the quilt is in all its glory on my floor. As you can see I don't have quite a big enough floor for such an enormous quilt!


I used a "tropical" print for the backing which I found on sale at Hancocks Fabrics. The apple-green color of the leaves were just perfect to complete the quilt! But, and there is always a but, more than 8 yards of fabric was not enough for the backing of this huge quilt...


...so I added another piece in the center, this time brown flowers on yellow. At least the flowers have the same color as the background of the green leaves.


The last picture shows a close-up of the binding and the great quilting performed by Merete. I am very pleased with the result, and this is a quilt that will be cherished for many years to come!

3 comments:

  1. Excellent, Anita, what a great result! You can really be proud! Lovely backing prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you did an Easy Street! I love your colors. :) I was so jealous of everyone during this quilt along - really wanted to do one also, but my UFO/NETY lists are just way to out of control. Yours is really lovely. Congrats on the timely finish with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking up in March to Richard and Tanya Quilts on our Link a Finish Friday. We will have a new linkup available every Friday. So stop by and share what you have been working on and check out what others are doing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!