Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Finally a finish in October

With just two days left of October i finally finished my latest table runner yesterday. For the whole month I have either continued BOMs or started new projects. I am almost ashamed that I have not finished the projects I started at Mrs Moen's class two weeks ago, but those will have priority the next few days.


I was inspired by a bed sized quilt pattern called Wind Dust Flowers and modified it into a table runner, the size is 24" x 55". I named it 'Dandelions in the Wind'. A later picture will explain why.

As you can see, we have lots of snow here, and it's not even November yet! The light was fading quickly today, and that was not good for the pictures.


Here the quilt is on my table, but this is not the designated table where it will reside, eventually.


Here is a detailed picture of the fabrics. I especially like the apple green fabric with the dandelion seeds in silver. All the fabrics were bought at Hancock Fabrics in the US last summer.


The last picture is taken without flash, and shows the quilting details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!