Sunday, September 9, 2012

Halloween quilt top finished

I finished the top of my second Halloween quilt snd took it outside for a picture on my porch wall. This was in-between some heavy rain showers, and the partially wet fence and pretty heavy wind made the top to sort of glue itself to the wood.

I wondered a while what kind of fabric I should use for the outer border. On the original pattern from Red Rooster Fabric, which is called 'The Quilt Shop', there were small flowers on the border. But, I wanted this charity quilt to be suitable for a boy, so I used some camouflage fabric instead. When it is quilted I will put on a multicolored orange striped binding to brighten up the edge.

The way the quilt top is hanging the top stars (six of them) over the roof are not shown. Below I added one of them (sorry about the piece of lint on the fabric). I made them all with spiderweb fabric. I think that fits the quilt perfectly. Now I have to figure out what to use for the backing fabric.

I linked this to Amy's Creative Side to show that I completed what I planned to do.


1 comment:

  1. Nice! I have always wanted to do a Halloween quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!